Before you can use the Adyen plugin, you need to authorize it with your Adyen account. In this article we will explain step by step how to do this.
In this article we describe the steps in the Adyen test account, the Live account is pretty much the same.
Do you already have a merchant account with Adyen? Then you can immediately start retrieving the needed data. Don't have a merchant account yet? Create one here.
- First, log in to your Adyen account (Live or test)
- Go to Developers > API credentials
- Click on Create new credential
- On the new page, scroll down and immediately click on Save (you will now see the following message in green: WebServiceUser details saved successfully)
- Click Generate New API Key (a new API Key will now be generated, save it somewhere. After it has been generated you will not be able to retrieve it)
- Go to the plugin settings via WooCommerce > Settings > Adyen
- Click on Authorization
- Fill in the following information:
- Test Merchant account (or Live)
- Test API Key (that you have created and saved in Adyen) (or Live)
- Finally click on Save changes
The plugin is now authorized!